Thursday 27 August 2015

Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha is one of my favourite books. I've been reading it a lot recently, and I find it really calming to read. The descriptions are lovely and moving, and I love immersing myself in that world. The only thing I don't like about the book is the ending! Luckily I found a fan fiction online with an alternative ending that I find totally satisfying. 

*spoilers*- In the original book, Sayuri ends up as the Chairman's danna, and rejects Nobu. In the fan fiction, Sayuri decides to become Nobu's danna and ends up falling in love with him. I much prefer the second version. It seems more realistic and also less cruel, since Nobu always treated Sayuri so well. Also, the Chairman's character isn't very well-developed in the book. I don't understand Sayuri's obsession with him throughout the book. 

Prior to finding this fan fiction, I always avoided reading the end of the book because I felt so disappointed. Now I just skip to the fan fiction towards the end. Here's the link to the fan fiction:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10961584/1/Water-Wood

Reading this book makes me feel like being a more refined person. Every time I read it, I feel like I step into a world full of special grace and beauty. 

1 comment:

  1. TATONLINE: Titanium Flat Irons | TheTitan Online
    Tatonline titanium uses - 바카라 커뮤니티 TheTitan - ford ecosport titanium TheTitan.Titan - TheTitan titanium jewelry Online.TATONLINE - ti89 titanium calculator TheTitan.NET. -.

    ReplyDelete